Mobile marketing trends change with every new technology that the industry embraces and adopts. For instance, voice technology has paved the way for voice assistants that can be integrated into your apps today.
Much like other developing industries, mobile app marketing keeps evolving at an unprecedented pace. It is hard for mobile marketers, like you, to keep up with this pace of growth. But don’t you worry – we’ve got you covered!
Here’s a list of top mobile marketing experts that you should start following today to keep up with the latest mobile marketing trends and developments:
- Scott BrinkerScott Brinker serves as the VP, Platform Ecosystem at HubSpot, helping the company create greater synergy in the evolving marketing technology landscape. He’s also the Author and Editor of the wildly popular Chief Marketing Technologist Blog that examines the intersection of marketing and technology.
He writes on various aspects of marketing transformation that revolve around technology-powered disciplines. Previously, he had co-founded ion interactive, a software company that provides marketers with a platform for creating and testing interactive content, such as quizzes, assessments, solution finders, calculators, and more.
If you are a marketing technology enthusiast and are keen on learning more about emerging martech stacks, new management approaches, and focused marketing trends; then you should definitely follow him.
— Scott Brinker (@chiefmartec) May 27, 2019
- Andy CarvellAndy Carvell is the Co-founder and Partner at Phiture – A Mobile Growth Consultancy, and the creator of The Mobile Growth Stack. He’s also a SoundCloud alum and has helped many companies overcome their growth challenges. With his experiences in mobile growth at SoundCloud, Andy has built a successful business that aims at helping companies win more mobile users. He’s well versed in mobile marketing automation, lifecycle campaigns, and data-driven user communication strategies.
Andy regularly shares his experience and advice on how to overcome the most common challenges to mobile growth.
The variety and high frequency of @tiktok_us push notifications must be driving a ton of impact for them; they get the value of emojis, but could increase relevance with more personalization. They should also notice that my phone language is EN despite installing in Germany pic.twitter.com/gT7GhsBaUm
— Andy Carvell (@andy_carvell) March 30, 2019
- Andrew ChenAndrew Chen is currently a general partner at Andreessen Horowitz and an active investor in early stage consumer startups. He was also the head of Growth at Uber, majorly focusing on user acquisition, new user experience, churn, and notifications/email.He’s an active influence on Twitter and LinkedIn. He writes about user growth, metrics, and network effects on his own blog – andrewchen.co . His work has been cited in prominent publications such as Wired, WSJ, and New York Times. Andrew is an Advisor/Investor to leading tech startups including AngelList, Barkbox, Boba Guys, Dropbox, Front, Gusto, Product Hunt, Workato, and others.
Follow him to learn more about driving success in the startup world and a wide variety of topics on mobile marketing, product marketing, and product strategy.
2019 is quite a thing! If you had told my adolescent self that presidential candidates and my Baywatch celebrity crush would be discussing the ethics of mobile apps, I would definitely not believe you. pic.twitter.com/E7v9dls5Y6
— Andrew Chen (@andrewchen) May 4, 2019
- Nir EyalNir Eyal is the bestselling author of “Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products” and “Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life”. He has taught at the Stanford Graduate School of Business and Hasso Plattner Institute of Design.His writings on technology, psychology, and business continue to appear in leading publications like Harvard Business Review, The Atlantic, TechCrunch, and Psychology Today.
Nir Eyal regularly blogs on his personal blog at NirAndFar. You can follow him there to subscribe to his newsletters or you can follow him on Twitter to learn more about how and why users get hooked to certain apps and their psychology driving such behaviour.
Let’s dive into the psychology of a multibillion-dollar enterprise app. I’ll start by asking, Why is Slack so Habit-Forming?
— Nir Eyal (@nireyal) May 27, 2019
- Peggy Anne SalzPeggy Anne Salz is the Founder and Chief Analyst of MobileGroove, an exhaustive digital resource centre that provides in-depth analysis and commentary on mobile apps, mobile search, mobile advertising, social media, and all things mobile at the intersection of content and context. She’s also a Top 30 Mobile Marketing Influencer and has written over 9 books about the mobile industry. Her cutting-edge insights continue to be published in leading publications like Forbes, Advertising Week, HBR, and Venture Beat on mobile apps, mobile marketing, and user engagement. She also hosts two weekly podcasts that focus on mobile marketing.
As the Chief Content Officer of the Mobile Marketing Association Germany, she accelerates the transformation and innovation of mobile marketing and the technologies that enable their advancement in Germany and globally.
Follow her to know more about the emerging trends in mobile marketing, advertising, and everything mobile growth!
— peggy anne salz (@peggyanne) May 22, 2019
- Val GeislerIf there’s a list of industry experts and thought leaders with an incredible focus on email, Val Geisler features right at the top. An Email Marketing Conversion Copywriter and Strategist, Val has spent over a decade in the industry across non-profits to 7-figure businesses to tech startups. She has spent the last 7 years deep in the world of customer experience and research. She brings her expertise in copywriting, content creation, customer experience, and digital strategy to benefit her clients every day.
Email is not dead and if you want to learn more about how email marketing is taking shape in the modern mobile marketing world against the odds of other marketing channels, then follow Val Geisler.
I use exact quotes from customers as subject lines all the time. Why? Because they’re this damn effective. How do I get those quotes? Surveys and interviews. @jasondoesstuff @ckelso pic.twitter.com/iBFmQWlx6B
— Val Geisler (@lovevalgeisler) May 16, 2019
- Maribel LopezMaribel Lopez is a mobile industry Analyst, Speaker, and Founder at Lopez Research which is focused on digital transformation. She’s also co-founded the Emerging Technology Research Council and is the Author of “Right-time Experiences: Driving Revenue with Mobile and Big Data”. She also frequently contributes to Forbes Online Magazine.Maribel Lopez helps companies understand and navigate their digital transformation by analysing today’s most powerful technology trends, including artificial intelligence, mobile, cloud, and IoT.
Follow her to learn more about the developments and trends in AI and mobile marketing.
— MaribelLopez (@MaribelLopez) May 24, 2019
- Luke WroblewskiLuke is currently a Product Director at Google. He was previously the CEO and Co-founder of Polar (acquired by Google in 2014) and the Chief Product Officer and Co-Founder of Bagcheck (acquired by Twitter in 2011). Prior to founding start-ups, Luke was an Entrepreneur in Residence (EIR) at Benchmark Capital, the Chief Design Architect (VP) at Yahoo!, Lead User Interface Designer at eBay, and a Senior Interface Designer at NCSA: the birthplace of the first popular graphical Web browser, NCSA Mosaic.
Luke also founded LukeW Ideation & Design, a product strategy and design consultancy, and taught graduate interface design courses at the University of Illinois.
The performance of mobile apps defines an app’s success or failure. But, it all begins with your app’s UI which is also an important factor to keeping them glued. If you are into designing mobile apps and websites and like to know how small tweaks can have real impact on your business, then Luke Wroblewski is your man!
for apps with a clearly dominant/frequent task, bottom sheets can provide focus, improve access & streamline use of primary actions. pic.twitter.com/zEXvnLuGEq
— Luke Wroblewski (@lukew) March 21, 2019
- Benedict EvansBenedict Evans is a partner at Andreessen Horowitz. As a long-time mobile analyst, Benedict has been working in the media and technology industries for 15 years. He first entered the industry as a sell-side equity analyst for investment banks before moving on to strategy and business development roles at Orange, Channel 4, and NBC Universal. Benedict writes about and discusses strategic and operating issues around mobile apps, mobile marketing, consumer technology, ecosystems, and mobile platforms on his blog, and echoes similar sentiments on Twitter.
To learn more about current realities, future trends, and the next big moonshot in the world of mobile marketing, follow Benedict Evans.
Finding the point of human leverage https://t.co/P7AkAHp1XF
— Benedict Evans (@benedictevans) May 27, 2019
- Sam HurleySam Hurley is a lateral-thinking, people-focused digital marketer with solid experience in both agency and client-side settings. He currently runs his own global personal branding and influencer marketing business: OPTIM-EYEZ. Sam has achieved success for popular SMEs, national, and international brands while being ranked as the World’s #1 Digital Influencer by Webinale, #2 Most Influential Digital Marketer by Onalytica and one of the top 3 content marketing influencers by ScribbleLive.
Sam also writes on mobile marketing and has made a significant impact in the mobile marketing world. His Twitter is always active and you’d come across his tweets that touch upon varied topics around mobile marketing.
If you’re a mobile marketer or a digital marketer and are looking to fuel your knowledge tank with some interesting takes on mobile and digital marketing concepts, then Sam is your guy!
Today, your potential customers are GLUED to their mobile devices.
How exactly do you reach these people? #MobileMarketing is often misunderstood & underutilized!
— Sam Hurley Kindness Enthusiast (@Sam___Hurley) April 29, 2019
Do you know of any other top minds who continue to make a seismic difference in the mobile marketing world? We’d love to hear from you and continue adding to our list!