The concept of personalisation in marketing has undergone a paradigm shift in recent years. From merely addressing customers by their names and wishing them on their birthdays to powering ML/AI-driven conversations and recommendations today – personalisation is every brand’s ground reality, need of the hour, and fundamental challenge.
“How Important is Personalisation to My Customers?”
Your customers continue to grow smarter, more informed, and demanding. And, basic levels of personalisation just don’t cut it anymore. In fact, according to an Infosys report, 31% of surveyed customers wished that their online shopping experience was more personalised than it currently is.
Your digital customers require greater context. Greater relevance. And, not just with regards to your marketing communication anymore.
They’re beginning to expect an end-to-end personalised customer experience, right from the first time that they land on your website or launch your mobile app. This is evidenced by a Deloitte study where 36% of surveyed customers expressed an interest in purchasing personalised products or services.
“How Can Smartech Power Personalisation?”
With this pressing marketers’ need in mind, we at Smartech, are thrilled to announce Netcore’s acquisition of Boxx.ai, a leading AI-powered personalisation and recommendation engine!
Consequently, Raman, our AI engine, has further upskilled his AI-for-marketing position!
This latest addition to Smartech’s multi-channel marketing automation arsenal will allow you to deliver truly hyper-personalised customer experiences at scale – tailor-making experiences at an individual customer-level across various digital touchpoints such as websites, mobile apps, email, and social media.
And, all this magic happens in real-time by harnessing your customers’ demographic, geographic, and past behavioural data along with their intent to search, click, or purchase!
Now, delivering the right message to the right customer through the right channel, at just the right time is no longer a scatter-gun approach. It is a tangible reality, guaranteed to take your personalisation efforts to the next level.
“How Can This Elevate My Marketing Strategy?”
Whether you are an e-commerce, food delivery, travel, or BFSI website or mobile app; this industry-agnostic solution can help you boost conversions by 8%-13%. Along the way, it gives you the chance to drive greater customer engagement, repeat purchase behaviour, loyalty, and retention.
By adopting a truly individualised, customer-centric approach, you can do the following:
1. Personalise the website navigational journey
One size doesn’t fit all. Never has and never will. So, why show the same website to all your first-time visitors and repeat customers?
Leverage your customer’s browsing behaviour and purchase history to customise how you want them to move across your website. The more individualised your navigational journey, greater the probability of your customers getting to exactly what they want, faster!
You can also experiment with dynamic website elements such as graphics, banner images, and CTAs to optimise the persona-based viewing and navigation experience.
- E-Commerce: Create persona-based website home page viewing and navigation experiences based on gender, geography, or type of customer (first-time visitor or repeat customer)
- Travel: Showcase flight deals or travel packages based on the current weather or most commonly booked travel destinations
2. Personalise the product search experience
Once you’ve grabbed the attention of your customers through personalisation on the home page or specific landing pages across your website, you could also look at significantly improving their search or browsing experience.
Now instantly complete the search entry in progress or provide relevant product recommendations when your customers are completing a search query. This would be driven by past search terms recorded and intent to purchase.
- E-Commerce: Instantly populate recommended products when your customer is searching for a particular product category or specific item, along with similar search results
- Banking: Provide live recommendations or redirections towards the FAQ section when customers’ make product or process related queries
3. Offer predictive personalised recommendations
Allow our AI engine, Raman, to do all the heavy-lifting by analysing large sets of historical data to generate highly personalised and contextual product or content recommendations.
Now accurately predict the probability of each customer browsing, adding to cart, or purchasing a particular item or related products. You can actually break down the propensity to search for, click on, add to wishlist or shopping cart, or purchase from various product categories and specific products.
In fact, our algorithms can now deliver 20% better purchase and behaviour predictions.
Based on these insights, your personalised recommendations can be displayed dynamically on your website or mobile app or be served as timely, triggered communication across channels such as web messages or email.
- Media OTT or Music Streaming: Display video or audio content recommendations based on your customers’ historical and real-time viewing/listening, watch list, favourite genres/artists, etc.
- Food Delivery: Open up repeat conversion opportunities by recommending relevant restaurants or trending offers within a customers’ geographic vicinity based on his/her preferred cuisines, frequency of app launch, most common time to place orders, etc.
4. Intelligently micro-target personalised recommendations
Smartech’s new Multi-Armed Bandit algorithms can help you identify exactly when and where to display your product or content recommendations across different UI elements of your website, mobile site, or mobile app. These are built specifically for your platform and can be optimised for peak performance.
Choose from a variety of widgets, SEO-friendly pages, web messages, and emails to trigger contextual recommendations at the right time to the right customer. Even use AI-generated and optimised ads across Google, Facebook, and Instagram to further boost conversions that can deliver 50% better ROI than regular ads.
- Travel: Trigger contextual AI-optimised ads on Facebook at customers who have viewed a particular travel package but dropped-off before completing the transaction. Use their historical interactions with these ads to further optimise when and where these are generated and displayed
- News & Entertainment: Get your repeat visitors to consume similar articles as suggested reading through triggered web messages when they are most likely to drop-off. Leverage unique data-points such as most engaged time, average time spent per session, reading history, etc.
5. Shorten paths to eventual conversion
Smartech’s powerful personalisation engine now allows you to quickly direct repeat website visitors towards conversion by highlighting the exact product that he/she has viewed in his/her last recorded session – on a pre-defined section of your website, mobile site, or mobile app page.
This will help you increase top-of-mind recall and the chances of purchase during the current session!
- E-Commerce: Highlight targeted offers on products based on past products viewed or items abandoned in carts at a specific space on your website home page
- EduTech: Remind repeat mobile app users to complete their pending courses by showing them a progress bar right where they are most likely to see it on app launch during their next session
“How Do I Get Started?”
You must be wondering if such an effective addition to your digital marketing machinery is difficult to get started with! That’s hardly the case though with typical installation time taking less than 30 minutes of developer time.
At Smartech, we’ve always endeavoured to power personalisation at scale. With this, we promise to take hyper-personalisation at scale to the next level. And, this is just the tip of the iceberg!
To learn more about how Smartech’s dynamic personalisation solution can help you uplift customer engagement, conversions, retention, and marketing ROI – be sure to get in touch today!