GoAir Increases Email Marketing ROI to 4337% using Marketing Automation
Increase in ROI
Average open rate
- Being a flight-booking platform, GoAir observed the increased dropout rate in the customer journey and was not able to bring these users back to the website to complete the transaction. GoAir wanted to urge the dropped users to complete their booking and thus increase the conversions.
- The broadcast emails sent earlier had a generic link, which redirected the user to the homepage where the user would need to fill all the details of his search again. GoAir wanted to give a seamless experience to the dropped users, which would save his/her time of re-filling the details again.
- Personalisation based on website activity and personal details were not present in the regular mailings. By adding these features, GoAir wanted to give a personalised experience to the customers.
- Web activity tracking done using cross channel marketing automation platform, which helped in fetching the user specific data like the ‘from’ and ‘to’ destination, type of journey, date of journey, dropout stage, etc. in real time.
- We planned an automation with a triggered emails. As soon as a user had visited stage 3 (as identified) of the booking journey but did not end up booking a ticket, the triggered email was sent. This entire process was automated on a single integrated platform, this helped in targeting the right users with the relevant content at the right time without any human intervention.
- Personalised content and CTA was sent to each user in the triggered email based on the ‘from’ and ‘to’ destination, username, and travel date. On clicking the CTA, each user was directed to the second page of the GoAir website with his/her specific details pre-filled. This saved the extra time the user would need to put in to enter his/her details again